Strategy is a huge part in tackling tests and examinations and tests. Get the strategy right and your prospects of success are so much better.
All too often professors and lecturers don’t spend time on strategy. So lets see what we can do about that. Some of this is simple obvious stuff.
Manage your weekend!
In student life weekends are supposed to be for fun and recuperation! And students who spend the whole weekend studying are just exhausting themselves for the next week.
But a weekend comprises 60 hours. And they can be used for somethings constructive. Here are some pointers.
- If you drink, do it on Friday night please. Give yourself 48 hours to recover. If you party on Saturday night, cool it! Sunday night drinking should be banned.
- Plan shopping for Saturday. So you don’t have to waste time during the week.
- Get some exercise, even if you are, like me, a couch potato.
- Get lots of sleep.
- Stay off the books by getting your studying done during the week.
- Get your filing of last weeks notes and handouts up to date.
Now if you want to do something really productive, it goes like this.
- Team up with a fellow student(s).
- Identify a previous examination or past paper.
- Write the paper under exam or test conditions on Saturday or Sunday Morning.
- Swap papers with your fellow student and assess, paying particular attention to presentation.