Vizio has made a standout performance by establishing itself as a popular TV brand on Amazon and in Costco retail stores. The brand’s success can be attributed to its ability to offer high-quality picture and affordable prices, which has made it a top choice for consumers. To stay competitive in the crowded TV market, Vizio has continuously improved its products to meet consumer demands and deliver exceptional value.
In the year 2023, Vizio has launched an extensive TV lineup consisting of both 1080p and 4K UHD models, even though these models are labeled as 2023 models. Adding to this lineup, Vizio is now releasing two new models: the Quantum and Quantum Pro.
Quantum: Cutting-Edge Technology for Stunning Visuals
The Quantum model, available now, comes with impressive features that enhance the viewing experience:
– Quantum Color: This QLED TV utilizes Quantum Dots between the LED backlight and LCD display panel to offer enhanced color performance.
– Wide Viewing Angle: Vizio claims that the Quantum provides minimal color and contrast loss when viewed off-angle, surpassing many other LCD-based TVs.
– Gaming Support: With support for gameplay at 4K/60Hz and 1080p/120Hz, the Quantum ensures smooth and lag-free gaming experiences. The 65 and 75-inch models also feature AMD FreeSync Premium compatibility.
– Audio Settings: The Quantum comes with an integrated soundbar menu that can be used with compatible Vizio Soundbars. It also supports Bluetooth headphones for personalized audio experiences.
– Bluetooth Voice Remote: Control the TV with ease using either the buttons or voice commands, even if you’re not in the direct line of sight.
– Thin Frame Design: Whether you choose to place the Quantum on a stand or mount it on a wall, its three-sided minimal ThinFrame design offers an aesthetically pleasing look.
– WiFi 6: The Quantum incorporates the latest WiFi 6 technology, delivering four times better performance compared to WiFi 5.
– Streaming Capabilities: In addition to providing access to popular streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon Prime Video, the Quantum includes Vizio’s WatchFree+ feature, offering over 260 free channels. It also supports Apple Airplay 2 and Chromecast for seamless content streaming.
Quantum Pro: Elevating the Viewing Experience
Building upon the features of the Quantum, the Quantum Pro takes the viewing experience to the next level with additional enhancements:
– Light Output: The Quantum Pro boasts a peak brightness of 1000 Nits and up to 700 Nits of full-screen brightness, enabling more accurate HDR content display.
– Full Array Local Dimming: This feature provides precise control over brightness and contrast for specific objects, enabling deeper blacks and improved overall picture quality.
– Anti-Reflective Film: The Quantum Pro incorporates an anti-reflective film, significantly reducing glare from lamps and windows that could hinder the viewing experience.
– All Angle Viewing: Vizio claims the Quantum Pro offers a wider viewing angle performance compared to the Quantum, ensuring that viewers can enjoy a clear picture from any position.
– WiFi 6E: Building upon the capabilities of WiFi 6, WiFi 6E extends into the 6GHz band, allowing for uncluttered streaming and seamless smart home device control.
– VRR Support: The Quantum Pro extends Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) support to 4K/48 to 120Hz and 1080p/28 at 240Hz, offering an even smoother gaming experience. AMD FreeSync Premium Pro support is also included.
– Dialog Enhancement: Whether you use the TV’s built-in speakers or an external soundbar/audio system, Dialog Enhancement ensures clear and intelligible vocals by emphasizing vocal content.
– Soundbar Mounting Attachment: The Quantum Pro comes with a soundbar mounting attachment for all screen sizes, making it easier to incorporate external audio systems.
Comparison and Pricing
Here is a breakdown of the key differences between the Quantum and Quantum Pro models:
– Model: Quantum (available now) and Quantum Pro (available October 2023)
– MSRP: Quantum ranges from $399 to $699, while Quantum Pro starts at $699
– Screen Sizes: Quantum is available in 55, 65, and 75-inch sizes, while Quantum Pro comes in 65 and 75 inches
– TV Type: Both models are QLED TVs
– Product Design: Both feature a ThinFrame design, but the Quantum Pro comes with a dual-height stand
– Native Resolution: 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) for both models
– Backlight Type: Quantum has a Full Array backlight, while Quantum Pro offers Full Array with Local Dimming
– Light Output: Quantum has a maximum of 300 Nits, while Quantum Pro reaches up to 700 Nits (full screen) and 1000 Nits (peak)
– Refresh Rate: Quantum has a native refresh rate of 60Hz, while Quantum Pro offers 120Hz, with Variable Refresh Rate capabilities
– Wi-Fi: Quantum supports dual-band Wi-Fi 6, while Quantum Pro features tri-band Wi-Fi 6E
– Bluetooth: Both models have Bluetooth connectivity for headphones and remote control usage
– Dolby and DTS Support: Both models support various Dolby and DTS formats, including Dolby Atmos pass-through
– Apple and Google Support: Both models are compatible with Apple Airplay 2, Apple Home, Google Home, and Chromecast Built-in
– Alexa Support: Both models work with Alexa
– Other Features: Both models include Vizio’s intuitive Home Screen and WatchFree+ streaming service, as well as voice remote control functionality
The Quantum Models are currently available for purchase, with prices ranging from $399 to $699 depending on the screen size. The Quantum Pro Models will be released in early October 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What is the difference between the Quantum and Quantum Pro models?
A: The Quantum Pro offers additional features such as higher light output, full-array local dimming, an anti-reflective film, all-angle viewing, Wi-Fi 6E, extended VRR support, dialog enhancement, and a soundbar mounting attachment.
Q: Can I use the Quantum TVs for gaming?
A: Yes, both the Quantum and Quantum Pro models support gaming at 4K/60Hz and 1080p/120Hz. The 65 and 75-inch Quantum models are also compatible with AMD FreeSync Premium.
Q: Does the Quantum Pro have better picture quality?
A: The Quantum Pro offers a higher brightness level, enhanced contrast control, and wider viewing angles compared to the Quantum model, resulting in improved picture quality.
Q: Can I stream content on the Quantum TVs?
A: Yes, both the Quantum and Quantum Pro models provide access to popular streaming services such as Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more. They also include Vizio’s WatchFree+ feature and support Apple Airplay 2 and Chromecast.
Q: Is the Quantum Pro worth the higher price?
A: The Quantum Pro offers advanced features and enhancements that enhance the overall viewing experience. If you value these additional features, the Quantum Pro can be worth the higher price.